For Proof of Residency, the term residency means where you actually live. Residency requirements are not met merely because one owns property in Colchester, has a business or a post office box. Below are the documents that will be accepted by the Colchester School District to verify residency in Colchester, Vermont.
- One of the following documents is required to verify residency in Colchester, Vermont.
- A current property tax bill.
- Current mortgage papers/closing statement showing a Colchester address and the name of the legal parent/guardian, or custodian.
- Formal lease showing the name, address and telephone number of the landlord; Colchester address and name of lessee.
- A notarized letter from the landlord stating the address of the residence being leased and the name(s) of the lessee(s) with the landlord’s address and telephone number.
- Two of the following documents are required to verify residency in Colchester, Vermont.
- Valid Vermont driver’s license with Colchester address.
- Valid Vermont non-driver ID with Colchester address.
- Current utility bill in your name, with Colchester address.
- Valid public aid card.
- Bank statement for last or current month (financial information omitted) with Colchester address.